Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 14-10-2003 , 10:21 PM

cloth problem.

For reasons that escape me, I can not seem to satisfy the curve requirement to create a garment panel. I know that the curve is not coplanar and is closed. Has anyone else run into the problem? Am I doing something wrong when I make my curves? Can I use a CV curve tool? I have constructed the curves in the orthographic viewports, I have snapped to grid. I have even tried shaping nurbs circles to the form of a panel. Nothing seems to work as I get an error that either states that I should check for multiple curves or out of plane verticies. It is very frustrating but I never give up. Like never. I have even created a poly plane and used 1st degree CV curves (linear) and point snapping, and that didn't handle it either. Is there an issue concerning periodic curves that I don't know about? Can anyone handle this issue? Is the software buggy? I've heard that there is a plugin to bypass the problems that arise when you activate the simulation phase. I have never had success constructing garments and I insist that this character have deformable clothing. Thank you very much for your input!