Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 12-08-2015 , 01:47 PM

Fluids Wispy Smoke Effect

I would like to generate a wispy smoke effect and then have that smoke form into the below image

user added image

I have been searching through various forms and in conclusion it seems that this isn't possible in Maya since fluids can't be goal driven, if that is the case which I think it is, other then resorting to after effects particles is there any way possible on other software that you know of to achieve this effect?

# 2 12-08-2015 , 04:15 PM
EduSciVis-er
You could try a fake where you have an initial state, and you also have an image or some other structure that can emit density in the form of the final state, then you simulate the initial state and slowly bring in the density to give the final state... might be tricky to get something that looks right.