Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 02-11-2004 , 04:52 AM
Subscriber

Male Elfin continued - The Body

Well I thought I wud continue my thread here, as now i'm onto the body and wud like to attract other body modellers for C&C.

I think this is all i'm going to get out of this evening, the legs are a little out of proportion because i've scaled them down from my ref image to fit the character image i'm after.

Run into a problem though, some of my central vertices have left the 0 line, and i can't seem to snap them back to the grid. Any ideas?

Original Thread

Attached Images
# 2 02-11-2004 , 04:55 AM
Subscriber
Yeah, your rite ereitz, the little finger is a touch too long. been staring at that for ages trying to pin down the problem. Sometimes it takes a second pair of eyes though... guess thats what the WIP forum is for user added image

Thanks for the feedback!

# 3 02-11-2004 , 05:40 AM
Theres a wierd crease in the palm of his hand..

btw: I think you posted your responce to ereitz in the wrong thread..

Last edited by Billy_Cat; 02-11-2004 at 05:44 AM.
# 4 02-11-2004 , 09:58 AM
Subscriber
Yeah, some wierd geometry going on with the hand there. going to see if anything originates from the torso to help fix it. see what lines i need and can lose.

# 5 02-11-2004 , 10:21 PM
Subscriber

Sometimes it takes a second pair of eyes

I completely agree with that statement!

Character is coming along nicely.

How about a wire - helps to pinpoint problem areas a lot.

I read you were going to UBC. I'm from Vancouver and am living in Stuttgart. You guys talking about going for a drink in Van is making me very homesick.

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>