Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 29-10-2002 , 02:26 AM

Quick Question

Hello again,

I think I have set something incorrectly in MAYA 4.5. I thought you COULD delete vertices in standard polygon mode. I press F8 to get in to vertex mode and select the vertices I want deleted and I try to press the delete key and nothing happens. I have to go to edit polygon to delete vertices. Is this correct? Is there a way to go back to MAYA's Default settings besides the Windows | Settings/ Preferences thaht I do not know about?

Thank you in advance

-SuperDave71user added image user added image user added image

"Yeah I want my Cheezy Poofs!"
# 2 29-10-2002 , 02:34 AM
While in vertex mode, simply pressing the delete key will only delete any wandering vertices that you may have selected. So the ones that are at edge intersections remain unchanged.
Edit Polygons > Delete Vertex will delete the vertices you've selected and any related edges. As far as i know this is the default setting, but hey, I'm new too. user added image

________

- Jacob
# 3 29-10-2002 , 03:47 AM
Subscriber
In some cases where the model form is dependant on vertice position, Simple vertice deletion will not just delete the vertices without a little bit of model recalculation. From what i understand the delete key just attempts to remove said vertices from object, while the Delete vertice function removes and reconstructs a little of the history of the object to achieve a new shape.

.....Just an educated guess though so, ...?

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 4 29-10-2002 , 04:37 AM

Thank you

Thank you. I knew I could count on you guys. I appreciate it.

-Regards

SuperDave71user added image

"Yeah I want my Cheezy Poofs!"