Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-03-2008 , 03:46 PM
Subscriber

Random - Grass

Hey people!

Did this today in an hour or so just really to learn how to make grass and play with it a little. Dont ask me what the big things are as i have no idea but they may start cropping up as a little signature as i think they are kool! lol

user added image

Let me know what you think. Like i said it was mostly as a bit of practice. I used the grass in the fur tool.

T

# 2 06-03-2008 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber
Very interesting, I am liking the weird alien vibe. Those big things can be the legs of an alien creature sticking out from the grass, maybe buried there. That's what I thinkuser added image

# 3 06-03-2008 , 11:56 PM
that's weird and cool - i like it. user added image

# 4 07-03-2008 , 08:15 AM
pretty good...

# 5 08-03-2008 , 04:25 AM
Subscriber
Thanks guys - doodling for the win! ^_^

# 6 08-03-2008 , 08:24 AM
Subscriber
For a minute, I thought the three big things were three blades of grass! :-) You had me fooled! I do really like your grass. I've played around with the fur tool, but only for mustaches, gnarly hair, and eyebrows. I don't think I've even noticed the grass feature!

I'm glad I found this thread! I've been trying to figure out grass forever (I've used digital photos of grass, Photoshopped green noise with bump maps, &c &c usually with mediocre to lame results).

NICE JOB! :-)

"Ad astra per aspera..."