Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-08-2008 , 12:22 AM

Dreadnought 40K W.I.P.

Hey guys, heres a dreadnought Im texturing, please give feedback!
Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-08-2008 , 12:23 AM
And some texturing...(note some parts aren't started really yet - ignore anything not green i guess user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 25-08-2008 , 12:24 AM
One more...

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 25-08-2008 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber
warhammer?
hey man, that looks pretty awesome!

i think the little yellow/white vent things at the bottom of the last shot look a bit off... it's like all new looking, new and shiny, but the rest of the body doesn't look so new at all

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 25-08-2008 , 07:28 AM
Subscriber
Try considering the use of a light bump map to add a little depth to the scratch marks and stains. You can also use a specular map to show areas that will be less shiny due to rust or other stains.
The color map itself is nicely done.:bow:

# 6 25-08-2008 , 12:33 PM
Thank you both!
Yeah its from Warhammer 40K...
The yellow vents are gonna be changed eventually, haven't got round to texturing them yet.

As for the maps, there are bump and specular maps (look carefully at the scratches in second pic - but it is a low res render, oh well). I'll amp it up a bit.

Also specular and reflection maps aren't really coming through very well yet, as I have to build an environment to reflect and sort out a better lighting system that the one I've got now!

Keep up the comments people user added image