Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-08-2009 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber

Is .FBX the best format for Maya to 3dsmax?

I have modeled some scenes for a client in Maya 2009 Unlimited but he and his artist team use 3dsMax to tweak stuff and UV map, etc. I .FBXed the stuff and emailed it to him but is that really the best conversion method?

We plan to do more work together in the future and I don't want to disappoint him and his team.

My work is just static models without any lighting, textures or animations in them.

Help please. Thank you.

# 2 24-08-2009 , 10:35 PM
If there is no animation, texture or smth. else

Go for .OBJ!

And .OBJ stores Uvs i think !

So yeah for Mesh - > .OBJ

i used to work with 3dsmax artist and our work flow were very smooth with .OBJ format user added image

Good luck!

p.s remember when you export to .obj to clear history and freeze the transformations

:p

# 3 25-08-2009 , 12:04 AM
Subscriber
By clear history do you mean All History and/or Deformation History? Also what do you mean by freezing stuff, like the whole mesh before I convert it?

Thank you for replying!

# 4 27-08-2009 , 08:14 PM
Subscriber
Help? I don't get what you mean....

# 5 27-08-2009 , 09:05 PM
find me in skype : shc_cold