Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-04-2007 , 11:07 PM
Subscriber

Game spec car

This is my first attempt at modelling a car, so very harsh c+c needed. I started the base mesh with reference to a current generation Toyota Celica, and veered off on my own course slightly. All pointers welcome, unsure as to whether the mesh is clean enough, 'busy' enough, etc etc. Feel free to paint over the images if and where necessary.

Attached Thumbnails

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 10-04-2007 , 11:08 PM
Subscriber

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 10-04-2007 , 11:09 PM
Subscriber

Attached Thumbnails

# 4 10-04-2007 , 11:10 PM
Subscriber

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 10-04-2007 , 11:43 PM
can you harden the normals? i find it makes models look better, and it would help me alot in c+c user added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 6 11-04-2007 , 10:39 AM
Subscriber
from what people have told me i am to modeling my first car,
it is a rough process i find lol , what i would do is use the split polygon around the arches and sharp corners to define them a bit more rather than keep everything rounded,
also the planes look a bit to crushed ,
i had a problem with that also the first time around the car looked to rounded rather than sleek ,
might wanna crush the bonnet a little bit flaten it a little bit,

check my nissan 350z wip , theres some comments n pictures etc that u might find usefull by no means follow mine as a example lol but follow 99gsturbos skyline to c what needs to go where onbviouly its not the same car but it will give u a idea of curvatures etc