Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-06-2016 , 10:52 AM

image based lighting + Use Background Shader + FG

Hey folks!

This is my situation:
I filmed a sequence, tracked the camera with matchmover, set up coordinates, all nice and "clean", imported it to maya and reconstructed a few parts of the scene with the "Use Background" Shader. All values in the shader properties turned down except the shadow mask. As a light setup I use Image based lighting via a panoramic picture i took from the same scene + Final Gather. Nothing special.
My problem is, that the reconstructed objects with Use Background Shader are more or less clearly visible, since they are receiving a light diffuse shadow all over the place. They darken the footage and produce a sharp edge. Is it a general problem with such a light setup or is there a way on how to avoid this, while maintaining the look i achieved with IBL + FG?

I marked the background plane, which you can see by the edge it produces

Attached Thumbnails

Cheers,
Roman