Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-11-2002 , 02:20 PM

MAYA 4.5 shader Question please....

Hello one and all,

I have a quick question. Has anyone had trouble with shaders loading properly in the Shaders tab in the Hypershade? My resolution to this was to reset the default directory and they poped right in. Does anyone have any idea why this happened? Every time I boot MAYA, it loses the directory again. Is there a way to make this the same so MAYA can see the Shaders directory on a consistant basis.
I have already tried deleteing the shaders and re-installing them.
Thank you for your time

I appreciate it

SuperDave71user added image user added image

"Yeah I want my Cheezy Poofs!"
# 2 05-11-2002 , 02:27 PM
Are you talking about the shader library (the one you install optionally)?

I don't have it installed but I've had some trouble with the hypeshade window not showing the swatches properly. I don't have any idea why this happens but restarting Maya has helped me...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 05-11-2002 , 02:43 PM
Its just a video card problem. (its a pain in the you no what) If you work with 2 panels side by side and have one your work area and the other your hypershade it should help out a bit. It fixed it having 2 panels at school when the same thing was happing to me.

Hope that helps

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 05-11-2002 , 02:45 PM

Exactly

I am having the same issue....When I click on the shaders tab...it is blank. When I right click in the left window and select tabs and then select reset default directory..They pop right up. Give it a try and see if this works for you. I have to do this everytime I start MAYA 4.5.

Thanks for the response,

SuperDave71

# 5 05-11-2002 , 02:48 PM

Kurt......Video??

Kurt,

With all due respects,

I am using a Nvidia Quatro Pro 2 card with 64 meg on the board. I am also using a Dell 420 workstation with 2 Gigs of Rambus RAM. I have never had an issue with video or anything with MAYA. I will OF COURSE, keep that under consideration and I do appreciate the reply. I will check to make sure I have the most current drivers just to be sure.

THanks Kurt,

SuperDave71