Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 11-08-2004 , 12:51 AM

help on fluids

I need some help. I need to create a fluid effect, I have to make a fluid that falls in to a glass or cup and I dont know anything of fluids. Somebody has a tutorial or a web link that would help me to create this effect? This effect would help me get a job. Please help.

kazama
raularosemena@hotmail.com

# 2 11-08-2004 , 08:47 PM
Subscriber
ok...so it's for a job huh?

so what if we give you how to do it... you do it.... show it them, you get the job and they give you do so something else? Youre gonna run back here to ask us how to do it?

Not trying to be mean but what I'm trying to say is that, there are enough help out there to do this.. or just press F1 while in Maya and look for it...

-Emo

# 3 12-08-2004 , 08:57 PM
Emo I think this site is a site developed to people that likes 3d and want to learn about it, people every day ask questions about different topics, and some of thoes questions are answer and some other's don't. I know a lot of maya, but I dont know how to create this effect, I search the web but I found how to create fire or cloud or smoke with fluids, don't found the kind of effect that I was looking for. and I also look in the help of maya but there are a lot of topic's and I got frustated. Anyway If you don't want to help is ok, but maybe some other person will, beside If i learn how to make the effect and make the animation I'll not recive any monney for it, I think I'll show to them that I want to work and maybe they will think in me for some other animation proyect. If some other people think I'm doing wrong with this post let me know about it.

kazama
raularosemena@hotmail.com

# 4 12-08-2004 , 10:58 PM
Subscriber
Kazama,

I never said you were doing something wrong in the first place.. relax user added image

I was just trying to point out that it's kinda bothering me when somebody is trying to get a job w/ someobdy else's work and talent.. not saying you would do that, but that's how i see it

sorry if I made it sound wrong

-Emo

# 5 04-09-2004 , 08:03 PM
Heh, Emo does have a point there, but that not the point here, because you had a question. There are numerous tutorials around *whistles* in which you can find what you're looking for. I'm sure the docs and SM have enough resources tho provide the effect what you want, though. I'm sorry if I can't give you a detailled plan, but I can't tell you everything to get the effect you want. So the maya docs will do fine user added image