Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 26-10-2002 , 11:14 PM
Subscriber

Adhesion

i want to make blood run down the face of a woman, is there a way to do that? and if so can someone tell me how to get the most realistic effect?

# 2 27-10-2002 , 01:30 AM
Hmm, PaintFX could prove to be useful on this one. (I don´t know well how to use it though, I´m still learning)

Perhaps you could do this:
  • Make the surface Live
  • Create a curve on surface using the CV curve tool
  • Now you have a curve on surface which you could use to control, either flow of particles, or perhaps a paintFX brush, This is something I don´t know very well. However check for a link in PaintFX hair creating in this thread. It migh give you some pointers on how to run that brush through those curves.

Hope it helps!

# 3 27-10-2002 , 02:56 AM
Subscriber
What about "sweating" particles? I dont know anythin about it other than reading of it in my Mastering Maya 3 book. =|

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 4 27-10-2002 , 12:46 PM
I would propably go with soft body dynamics...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!