Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-03-2005 , 02:20 PM

Cartoon Dog By Kurt Boutilier

Hi there

I'm still new to Maya and am now concentrating on my modeling skills to build objects.

I've been working with the Cartoon Dog By Kurt Boutilier but am having trouble cutting the object in half.

The problem I have is when I delete one side of an object, to get a nice half I can duplicate to make a uniform object, the inside that should be hollow is filled with a type planar surface.

Please could someone talk me through cutting an object in half so I can get a hollow shape which I can duplicate and stitch together.

Thanks
Rory

Thanks
Rory Hinds
www.whatismine.com
# 2 18-03-2005 , 03:00 PM
Hi, can you post a pic up so I can see....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 18-03-2005 , 10:57 PM
hey, hehe im totally new too and learned a lot from the Cartoon Dog tutorial.

have u tried resetting your duplicate tools? coz changing to poly shouldn't have cause that prob, nor would cutting it...

try resetting the duplicate, and only changing scale x to -1

# 4 21-03-2005 , 05:17 PM
Thanks guys for the feedback.

I managed to figure what I was doing wrong. I was deleting the vertice's and not the faces.

When I now select all the face I want to delete every thing works out fine.

Thanks again.
Kind regards
Rory

Thanks
Rory Hinds
www.whatismine.com