Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 27-11-2002 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber

Bird's Beak

Hello, can anyone help me or guide me in how i go about making a bird's beak....i learn from this tutorial and the beak instructions wasn't clear for me, and i thought making a bird would be easy..i guess nothing in 3d is easy, even for the simple objects. for me at least.....ahhahah......Thank you...

# 2 27-11-2002 , 04:23 PM
Subscriber
the easiest way might be to make 3 curves for the top of the beak that are somehow bent and meet at the tip of the beak and then just loft them.

# 3 27-11-2002 , 05:08 PM
Subscriber
That's true....i could do...have you used "Create polygon tool" i find it kind it troublesome...don't know..how to use it..it kind of overlap..if i outline the beak....thanks again babyduck

# 4 27-11-2002 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
create polygon what??? no i have not tried it out. dont know such a thing even exists. well i do know there is a lot of stuff that exists which i dont know about. user added image

# 5 27-11-2002 , 06:21 PM
Subscriber
Baby duck... i suggest learning a bit more Maya, check this out:
Polygons - > Create polygon tool

as for you strykernet,
making a beak is more easier in nurbs, if you are a newbie than this might help:
Make a circle (duplicate it many times & move to the correct position) edit the point in each circle such that it has almost a primitive shape of a beak.. then loft them... if it is not good enough... tweak it a bit more... then you might get one... this is a newbie way there are a lot of other methods you could use..

# 6 27-11-2002 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
babyduck: no problem...we all learning here in this great forum =)

tariqf: i'll try your method too....

This is a great place to get help...thank you all

# 7 27-11-2002 , 08:04 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by tariqrf
Baby duck... i suggest learning a bit more Maya, check this out:
Polygons - > Create polygon tool

as for you strykernet,
making a beak is more easier in nurbs, if you are a newbie than this might help:
Make a circle (duplicate it many times & move to the correct position) edit the point in each circle such that it has almost a primitive shape of a beak.. then loft them... if it is not good enough... tweak it a bit more... then you might get one... this is a newbie way there are a lot of other methods you could use..

thank you very much that you tell me to learn more maya. i do nothing else with maya. not my fault that polys have zero priority over curves and nurbs right now. learning both at once does not work.

and what i wrote down is a complete newbie way to do - as i am a total newbie (not even knowing that i have to know there is a poly create thing).

and by the way the poly create tool only works if you actually want a poly model. ok, you can convert polys to nurbs, but only if you convert poly->subd->nurbs - and this only works in maya 4.5. the loft can loft directly poly or nurbs ...

# 8 28-11-2002 , 01:18 AM
Subscriber
user added image,,,,
you can convert poly's to nurbs directly... i have 4.0 unlim... and it works just fine..

# 9 28-11-2002 , 01:55 AM
The Maya Mountain
you must have a different 4.0 than I do, because I can't convert polys to Nurbs.... :p

# 10 28-11-2002 , 02:17 AM
Subscriber
oooppss..... sorry... its was nurbs to polys..user added image