Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 31 05-12-2006 , 02:55 AM
oh and i think that yea he should have a beard just like it was, but with thinner (smaller radii) cylinders (i'm assuming that's what you used to make the beard)...

Accept no substitutions.
# 32 05-12-2006 , 02:59 AM
Subscriber
really? phew!!

sorry guys, im new to all this jazz. Also it isnt an assignment, im not at college. But believe it or not, its a christmas present for mr younger brother. He likes cartoons (as all kids do)

This is my second animation attempt.

Wow 1 minute really is nothing!!

However, im rendering it at home on my p.c using my electric, and i pay the bills hehehe.

even so, i dont care now, if you say it took you 30 mins per frame, and 8 mins per frame, then i dont care.

Thanx guys. One way i have worked around it though, i have cut rendering times by keyframing the visibility on my background planes! Which shave quite a few seconds off.

Now i know that im gonna really start playing wiv it.

thanx again!

:bow:

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 33 05-12-2006 , 03:02 AM
Subscriber
i didnt model the monkey, to clarify. Im no glory hunter. lol

i got it off of highend3d.

I just used it for what i need. Im so pleased that 1 minute is nothing. Im really going to go to town on it now.

THAAANNNKKK YOU gster and Neo

# 34 05-12-2006 , 03:36 AM
Not so much to comment on if we cant comment on the monkey user added image Maybe the grass should be a inch taller? Otherwise, add some trees so we can see what you style you're looking for. user added image

# 35 05-12-2006 , 08:11 PM
You can optimise your scene when you've got everything sorted to decrease render times, also baking textures and deleting history reduces calculation time too

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 36 06-12-2006 , 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
I'm no pro nor do i pretend to be but your grass clashes with your character design, maybe it should be more vivid and the blades should be chunkier because your going for a toon look, just to keep a solid theme. also i think the stubble added personality :] i'd like to see how this turns out. keep going.

# 37 08-12-2006 , 11:58 AM
Subscriber

Wow looking good

Really like the sky but I would have to agree with cutting out the stubble the monkey has a very smooth and well created look. If you have unlimited you might want to go in and work with the fur possibly? but you seem concerned about render time so that might not be the best idea. So far so good!

# 38 08-12-2006 , 01:01 PM
Senior Software Developer
Render times vary... Finding Nemo took 1 yr to render, and thats with the Pixar Render Farm (I think its a massive farm).

I usually have renders taking anywhere between 30s to 1.5 hrs per image/frame

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 39 09-12-2006 , 02:40 AM
Subscriber
Sorry guys, been away! Anyway, here is an updated version. Not much has changed really. Been following a tutorial another subject so now im back on my scene.

I managed to slightly modify the tree on the right hand side, but i will work on it today and keep you all updated.

Im getting mixed feedback (which is fantastic), but do i keep the stubble? Do i leave it? lol.

I'm thinking about putting fur on him. As he is rigged, how would i go about this? Do i have to detach skin then re-attach, or can i just apply fur?

Keep it coming guys. You guys are awesome help. Thanks

user added image

# 40 09-12-2006 , 02:57 AM
Subscriber
soz, here is the image.

I am gonna put fur on him, but dont how how to apply fur to rigged characters, other than detach the skin, but then how would i re-attach.

Attached Thumbnails

# 41 16-12-2006 , 11:56 AM
Subscriber

Looking good

can't really tell you how to put fur to a rigged figure you may want to open up a different thread asking how to apply fur to a rigged character

Best of Luck

# 42 16-12-2006 , 01:47 PM
what makes you think you can't put fur on a rigged model?

all ya gotta do is select your object, choose fur-->attach fur description-->new

just to see if it could be done i created a sphere and a simple rig and skinned the sphere to the rig... and then i applied the fur and it worked fine *shrug*

Accept no substitutions.
# 43 19-12-2006 , 11:08 PM
Subscriber
with my character, i applied fur to him, and it came out xtremely odd.

No fur, except for one bit, very strange.

Ive done it before with a sphere. But as this is not my rig, im confused as to why it wont apply fur all over

???

# 44 20-12-2006 , 09:14 AM

Originally posted by mr pix.
with my character, i applied fur to him, and it came out xtremely odd.

No fur, except for one bit, very strange.

Ive done it before with a sphere. But as this is not my rig, im confused as to why it wont apply fur all over

???

Have you UV mapped him?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle