Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-10-2006 , 08:50 AM
Subscriber

convert poly to subdiv

Hey im having a great deal of problem converting poly to subdiv, in my scene i have bout 8 objects all of them polys. All 7 converts fine but the one i actuly want to convert nothing seems to happen when i click to convert. it has about 60 faces any help would be great user added image

# 2 14-05-2007 , 09:22 PM
Look at the help bar after you try to change to subds. It usually tells you what to do. You probably need to do
Polygons ->Cleanup and select the nonmanifold geometry option. Also, make sure that the geometry is kept to 4-sided polys, as subds can really mess up odd-sided polys.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman