Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 31-10-2008 , 07:42 AM

Texture Glitch

I'm working on a model for a friend of mind when I came across a glitch it seems. Normally, when I render out the model it looks something like this:
user added image

Yet, for some reason, as of late I'm getting this for a model render:
user added image

and my UV Texture editor map looks something like this...
user added image

I dunno if it's just because my graphics card can't handle the texturing, or if me using one too many different textures based off of other files for the model has anything to do with the glitch (I'm using a grand total of 5ish different textures).

Anyone else run into this problem?

# 2 31-10-2008 , 09:45 AM
The UV mapping is horrible! the problem is probably there...
you've got a section in the middle which is more-or-less properly mapped. This is how everything should look.
You also need to fit all of the UVs into the first quarter (uv coordinates are 0<u<1 and 0<v<1)
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)