Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 30-10-2009 , 11:24 AM

maya2010 - backburner + AO maps

ahoi folks!

I am just about setting up a render network with the backburner. 4 years ago I used to bake large ambOcc maps on a renderfarm with backburner out of 3dsmax. now since autodesk finally implemented the "create backburner job.." within maya 2010 I was a little too enthusiastic in the beginning. it seems like maya´s latest version is only able to render but not bake over a renderfarm. maybe I got something wrong but I read the manual multiple times and cant find anything pointing in a useful direction.

does anyone have any ideas how to bake maps / assign these jobs over the network? (I specifically need to bake ambient occlusion maps a lot while modeling) would be great to dispatch it from my local machine with a few clicks...

thx
dan

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 2 02-11-2009 , 01:56 PM
Technical Director
As far as I know, Maya does not support slicing or other distributive rendering features besides distributive batch rendering.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.