Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-10-2003 , 07:06 AM
Subscriber

Depth of death

I have a ball coming towards me. It is far and then it comes near towards the camera. I want the centre of the ball to be in focus while area near the circumfrance to be fuzzy. I have tried various combinations in the cameras> depth of filed options. Either I get everything completely blurry or slightly blurry. I can' get the combination of sharp focus near the centre and blurry as you go towarsd the outside :-) What settings should I use in-

focus distance
F stop
Focus region scale
Rough ratio so that I can experiment again. Or just an explanation of the 3 settings so that I am bit more well informed. Thanks

grrrr
# 2 14-10-2003 , 12:41 PM
do it in the comp it would be much easier

You could have an animated radial blur that moves as the ball gets closer. It would also make your rendering times quicker. Just make sure the ball is a separate layer...

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 14-10-2003 , 01:07 PM
Subscriber
That's what I did but I was curious anyway :-)

grrrr
# 4 14-10-2003 , 02:34 PM
Subscriber
I mean I am still curious :-)

grrrr