Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-07-2011 , 07:50 PM

HELP objects dont stay in place

hello people,

i really need someone's help. i have some trouble with maya and im just a noob with this program. but im trying to make an animation of a box for a lightbulb. But when all the object are in place and ready for animation on fram 1. i press shift + E then i want to go to another frame but then everything pops in a differend spot and i cant undo it. look at screen shots.

please help me and my appologies for my bad english.

ps. doesnt matter what frame i start or click this constantly happends.

picture 1: i made 2 copies of all the objects so the box got a whit inside as wel the objects are not attached to each other.

picture 2: just the underside.

Picture 3: This happends all the time exactly in the same possition!

PLEASE help me i have a deadline about 2 days left.

thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-07-2011 , 08:01 PM
The thin red line
Im no animation expert but try deleting history and freeze trnsformation see if that helps...........dave

# 3 04-07-2011 , 08:21 PM
when i try to freeze it it says this:
// Error: Freeze Transform was not applied because pasted__pasted__pasted__pasted__pPlane9.translateX has incoming connection. //

# 4 04-07-2011 , 08:48 PM
The thin red line
Looks like you have aready keyed some frames in, Look at the frame time slider at the bottom of the screen are there any red tags there, if so delete them, click on the frame that the tags on then right click delete........dave

# 5 04-07-2011 , 08:55 PM
i fixed it THANKS ALLOT:3 haha it works now

# 6 05-07-2011 , 04:40 AM
EduSciVis-er
By the way, just as a general rule, it's better to duplicate objects (edit > duplicate or duplicate special) than doing a copy + paste type thing.