Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-10-2004 , 06:02 AM

Need "Basic" Tutorials

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a good "Getting Started" download tutorial for Maya, I need to learn and master Modeling techniques and texturing, and I need something very Basic starting from the "Beggining" if possible.

# 2 05-10-2004 , 06:06 AM
A good place to get started would be the help files that come with Maya. Press F1 on your keyboard and go through the getting started tutorials.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 05-10-2004 , 07:40 AM
Subscriber
Try d/ling the PLE from Alias, and doing the tut in there. It is thorough. Even I understood it. Still haven't completed anything I'm willing to show but, getting there. It is enough that I understand what is being said in most of the threads here.

good luck to you.

t3

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.
# 4 06-10-2004 , 12:57 AM

Thank You

I just wanted to say thank you both for the ideas, I've been trying to download, "Learning Movies" and Tutorials from the internet but I just downloaded the Maya PLE and I was wondering if there was a way to get maybe a limited version of Maya 6 like the "Unlimited" version, with cloth, fur, fluids etc...?

# 5 06-10-2004 , 02:47 AM
Subscriber
I have no idea. However, it might be a good idea to ask on the alias site.

Here: Alias

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.
# 6 06-10-2004 , 02:57 AM
There is presently no demo version of Maya Unlimited nor any way to actually test out those features.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job