Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 18-05-2005 , 08:37 PM

Nintendo Revolution

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 2 18-05-2005 , 08:47 PM
Subscriber
i agree the ps3 could look better, but at least it doesn't look like a mini pc like the 360 does.

# 3 18-05-2005 , 08:53 PM
Revolution looks the best me thinks user added image

# 4 18-05-2005 , 10:50 PM
Subscriber
Yes, why this is true, the 360 has customizable faceplates, how cool is that. Also I dont really care how it looks, I am interested in which one is better and faster. Does anyone know by the way?

# 5 18-05-2005 , 10:57 PM
Lo´ and behold!, it looks like a crossbreed of the Minimac and the MiniPS2... but not as sexy as Minime, Powers... user added image

we should know better than shop only by the looks of the box?XD (i must confess im atracted to little black boxes and small shiny objects, oh and beer and boobs too)

# 6 20-05-2005 , 01:41 AM
Subscriber
Hey, the PS3 from what I have heard is going to have the "cell" which will contain 4 huge processors... i don't know a whole lot of it and I bet the information isn't hard to find. But the Xbox 360 is running on 3 processors and the PS3 is running on 4 of the same processors. So the PS3 sounds faster. BUT. Xbox has Xbox live fully established and it works like a charm, so don't forget about that HUGE feature... that is if you plan on playing games online (personally what i find to be its best feature).

That revolution though I think i'd get over everything, just because of its ability to play ALL games from the NES. WOW. If thats true and you can get all the games, and not just some, then thats the system for me. Lol that might sound sad, but its true user added image

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 7 20-05-2005 , 04:27 AM

Originally posted by M
Hey, the PS3 from what I have heard is going to have the "cell" which will contain 4 huge processors... i don't know a whole lot of it and I bet the information isn't hard to find. But the Xbox 360 is running on 3 processors and the PS3 is running on 4 of the same processors. So the PS3 sounds faster.

Not true. The PS3 is just running off one processor. However, you're partially right on the XBox 360. It's running off one processor that has 3 cores. Each of these cores runs at 3.2 GHz
user added image

Also, I definately think the PS3 design is the worst. It seems massive and not elegant at all. Looks just bulky and bland. I think the Revolution design is 2nd best. The problem is it's TOO simple. So simple that it's boring. However, I really like the 360 design.user added image

Last edited by SuperTrooper; 20-05-2005 at 04:30 AM.
# 8 20-05-2005 , 05:39 AM
Subscriber
Well sorry for that. I guess you can't trust what everyone says. I heard that from one of my computer friends at school and I just assumed he was right user added image

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 9 20-05-2005 , 01:36 PM

Originally posted by SuperTrooper
Also, I definately think the PS3 design is the worst. It seems massive and not elegant at all. Looks just bulky and bland. I think the Revolution design is 2nd best. The problem is it's TOO simple. So simple that it's boring. However, I really like the 360 design.user added image

PS3 - aka The Bread Bin
Xbox 360 - aka The Food Blender
Revolution - aka :bow:

# 10 20-05-2005 , 08:14 PM
Subscriber
Someone obviously was born witht the NES. Keeping to your roots are you? I mean, ninetendo would need MORE than a miricacle to outdo microsoft or sony. But I agree, it does look nice.

# 11 20-05-2005 , 08:47 PM

Originally posted by alienscience
Someone obviously was born witht the NES. Keeping to your roots are you? I mean, ninetendo would need MORE than a miricacle to outdo microsoft or sony. But I agree, it does look nice.

Yes, NES was my first console (with SMB/Duck Hunt to be exact)

Design wise Revolution is best me thinks. The possability of downloading very Nintendo games is a nice touch - whats the bet the others start to introduce this feature in a few years.

I watched an interview where Reggie said all Nintendos past controllers are very diffrent, and as you can play all of them on the Revolution it's controller is a device have will allow this. Can you say touch screen user added image

# 12 20-05-2005 , 09:43 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, that does sound pretty innovating, but look at sony, you can play all their games on the updated console. And this really is only innovative stuff, not technologicaly advanced. But still, I think it looks nice.