Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 121 19-07-2006 , 04:03 AM
Subscriber
unreal work as always

one question, can you go over just lightly on how you made your tail lights look like real plastic diffused taillights?

First year 3D Grad
# 122 19-07-2006 , 04:26 AM
Sure, I'm actually not happy with the taillights yet, but here's how I made them:

Model each of the different sections of the light as a kind of box, with the rear face (the one furthest inside the car) having a highly reflective chrome like material. Give the sides of the box a deep burgundy red semi-transparent glass. Finally, for the outside face (the one you see from the outside), make it a deep-red glass, with an orange/bright red specular highlight, and just transparent enough to pick up the reflections from the chrome. Give this face a "bulge" on the bump-map, and adjust the scale of the bulge until it gives you the desired pattern of the light. You can adjust the brightness of the light by adjusting the chrome shader on the rear face. I used the exact same method for this light also:

Attached Thumbnails
# 123 19-07-2006 , 03:34 PM
Subscriber
dude thats amazing but i can see 1 thing that annoys me now

it only small an its the car paint shader - it doesnt quite look right but i cant put my finger on it

still though its a brill model an render an the ligts at the rear look good

oh an thx for the advice about the D L&R by J Brin mine has just come through form america an its full of useful ideas an info an the challeneges look good too, workin my way through it now - thx manuser added image

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 124 19-07-2006 , 03:44 PM
Subscriber
wow amazing dilberts very good ...

# 125 19-07-2006 , 11:26 PM
amazing work dilberts, but that's just old news by now :p

have you tried using Rhino 3d? I tried it and it's a really powerful NURBS modeling tool. I suggest you try the demo user added image

-Matt

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 126 11-07-2007 , 05:03 AM
nice work dilberts
i just wanna ask u somethin bout grills
yes how can u do grills i heard about a lot tips but i couldnt get them.
plz your grills are really good.

# 127 11-07-2007 , 07:16 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
:bow: (need i say more? :p )

# 128 13-07-2007 , 02:43 PM
Acid44
amazing work dude i saw one of those on my street the other day(or one that looks like it) and yours is amazingly close model wise. kutgwuser added image

# 129 15-07-2007 , 08:28 AM

Originally posted by pbman
lookin good
i dont know if its the same in america but aren't u surposed to have front and rear reg plates? - i think they would complete th car but its only a suggestion an they shouldn't take too much to make either

:bow: :bow: :bow:

It's not necessary for two plates, but trafic police really appreciate it.:bandit:

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman