Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 15-09-2006 , 06:05 PM

Playblasting post infinity

I have a basic walk cycle going- it's three steps over 34 frames. I've applied post-infinity and I playblasted the animation over 100 frames or so.

Trouble is, the playblast only shows those three steps!

I even changed the timeslider and playblasted from frame 439 to 500-> i.e. well away from the first 34 frames and it's the same thing->>> it only shows three steps. It's so weird.

Help please?

# 2 15-09-2006 , 06:30 PM
when you say it only shows those three steps i'm assuming you mean it goes (for instance) left-right-left then totally stops? if it does, there've been a few people with playblast problems such as those and i don't believe any of them have yet to find the cause of the problem...

BUT (just in case), if it doesn't just stop and instead goes left-right-left-left-right-left then everything's fine... cause most walk cycles consist of only two steps and loop after the last transition...

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 15-09-2006 , 09:04 PM

It works with proxy!!

Okay, so other people have had a similar problem I take it?

Well get this, right: My previous Playbasts were with a Smooth model. I Playblasted with a proxy model and it totally worked! How bizarre... Anyway, looks like I'll have to submit with a proxy!

Thanks for the reply, though!