Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 121 04-02-2007 , 12:32 PM
Subscriber
yeah the occlusion render looks pretty sweet and smooth... love the high-poly model arran... lol nice avatar... who is it again?

anything else your going to add to this?

# 122 04-02-2007 , 02:59 PM
Subscriber
Looks like that dodgy kiddy fiddler, uncle Jimmy Saville, though I could be wrong.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 123 05-02-2007 , 12:33 AM
'Now then, now then, how's about that then!' - yep, it's Jimmy Saville, though I didn't know that he was a kiddy fiddler - are you sure about that?

Thanks for the comments guys.

marlonjohn - I still need to add some string to tie his fan and gourd to his belt and I am also thinking about adding a few more bits and pieces. At the moment I am building his teeth and tongue and trying to figure out how to do the blend shape.

# 124 05-02-2007 , 12:48 AM

Originally posted by arran
'Now then, now then, how's about that then!' - yep, it's Jimmy Saville, though I didn't know that he was a kiddy fiddler - are you sure about that?

Nah he aint, just a bit strange.

You seen him on the Louis Theroux "documentary"? bit mad me thinks, or just very eccentric. I heard a rhumor that they might be bringing back Jim will Fix it...... Now then, now then, hows about that!

Onto your model! Looks great, liking the occlusion renders, they really show off the details of the model with the nice soft shaddows.

I use the occlusion passes a quite bit when rendering for compositing give some nice control over the look of the model/object etc.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 125 05-02-2007 , 12:53 AM
yeah - I didn't see the documentary, but I just saw that zero tolerance bit on you tube - a bit sad - it seemed like he was trying to act cool.

thanks for the comments mate - any progress on your reaper?

# 126 05-02-2007 , 12:58 AM
Not at the moment unfortunatly, need to get a paper done that might get published, so been more work than fun at the moment.

Gives me chance to figure out some workflows for the bits I need to do, as i've found prepardness is powerful in maya, along with everything else to be honest!

# 127 05-02-2007 , 01:04 AM
hope you manage to get it finished - it was looking cool. And good luck with your paper.
user added image

# 128 05-02-2007 , 01:07 AM
Cheers man, if it gets close to the deadline, a night awake with a shed load of coffee should do it! (If it goes to plan!)

# 129 06-02-2007 , 04:50 PM
don't mean to keep off topic, but kiddy fiddler = pedophile?

cause at first reads i thought you meant like... he's a guy that acts like a kid and plays the fiddle. *forehead slap*

Accept no substitutions.
# 130 07-02-2007 , 11:58 AM
Hey Arann that it's looking great, just i think that areas around his arms and leags schoyld not be so black (I am adicted to user added image )
And are you going to add some details on his face some facial details perhaps.

goksimaster
# 131 07-02-2007 , 04:10 PM
Hey - thanks a lot for the comments goksimaster! Not sure what you meant about adding more detail to the face though - you mentioned that before - could you be a bit more specific?

I am planning to give him a big happy smile in the final pose similar to my ref on page one. At the moment I am about half way through putting his teeth into his mouth.

Attached Thumbnails
# 132 07-02-2007 , 05:24 PM
Ok, now it's looking more like a basic face from vitch you are going to build something more complection. Try to mach some lines to look like face from that 2 image you draw. The chaps must be much bigger and sharper like on the image , try to
make it more belivable converte it in sub-d if you have to.

I don't know it just look commonly drawn (cartoonish) without some special shape just round head user added image

goksimaster
# 133 07-02-2007 , 05:40 PM
hmm... I guess my understanding is that it is generally a good idea to keep your basic face fairly bored and expressionless, so that when you build blend shapes they do not reflect any other facial expressions. I'm about to to start building his smile, so hopefully he will look a little more interesting soon.
user added image

# 134 10-02-2007 , 04:21 PM
Think its great the level of work your putting into this, blend shaping, rigging etc etc

As im lazy I would have just modeled the final pose!

# 135 11-02-2007 , 01:21 AM
yeah - I always seem to go a bit overboard. I guess i don't want to have a character restricted to a single pose.

At the moment I am in a bit of a blend shape nightmare. I keep thinking that I understand what's going on but when I try to fix it, maya is like - 'Ha! you have no idea what's going on. Get back to your day job!'

Last edited by arran; 11-02-2007 at 09:03 AM.