Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-10-2014 , 05:20 PM

Total dimensions after extruding?

Hey
I'm pretty new to Maya and I have the following problem.

I created a cube then I did extrude the cube so I have a bigger cube around this cube.
Now I want to create another cube which has exactly the dimensons of the first cube including the extrusion but without having a box in a box.

In the Attribute Editor I see the inital dimesnions of the first cube
and in the Extrusion-tab is see under "Local Translate" the value "0.300" (I have my settings in meters).
This should be the amount the first cube should have been extruded with, right?
In my case 0.3m on each side?

So for the new cube I took the basic dimensions of the first cube and added 0.6m to each (width, height and depth).
But it was way bigger than the first cube, so I thought maybe "Local Translate 0.300" is already the total amount of extrusion so I added 0.3m to each side but it was way too small :/

So how do I get the total diemensions after extruding an object?

# 2 25-10-2014 , 05:37 PM
The thin red line
Press "control"+"t" will give the dimesnions, then "t" to go back.....................dave

# 3 25-10-2014 , 05:53 PM
thank you!