Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 07-01-2016 , 02:08 PM

Fill hole problem

Hi working on some cars to make their surface of the mirrors so I use fill hole for this but this tool fill the whole hole some times I need to fill only some parts like in this situation:
user added image
user added image
So as you see the side part suoldn't be filled so what can I do I'm not really in modeling mostly animating rigging only so what can I do I tried to add more egdes like 3ds max but I couldn't do that or anything else that works plz help.

# 2 07-01-2016 , 02:38 PM
EduSciVis-er
There are a few tools for this. You can use the append to polygon tool and click on the edges. You can also use the bridge tool across the gap and then vertex target weld tool to connect up the sides.

# 3 08-01-2016 , 11:02 AM
Cool I used your tips tnx!