Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-10-2010 , 02:50 PM
Subscriber

It turns out i still exist...

So i get home today after a week without the internet and lo and behold i remember that simplymaya is a place that exists and a place i have not frequented for quite some time now.

After doing photography for a year now at university i have found myself longing for the days i once spent struggling and straining as i taught myself MAYA (with the help from the good people here mind you) and now that i have a good 5 months of holidays with no job and plenty of free time i find myself yearning to re-live that experience!

And i know Ive said this before but this time i really have no excuse, i am back, wanting to kick start me some 3-Dimensional adventures that i can share with all of you. It may not happen for a week or two but until then i shall attempt to trawl around the forum re-acquainting myself with this world of 3D that i have neglected for too long.

Peace out yall!

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 2 18-10-2010 , 03:08 PM
SM Tea Boy
Welcome back user added image

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 19-10-2010 , 12:58 AM
Lifetime Member
NO JOB!!! lucky you...maybe I could interest you in #D design for Subdivisions (Housing estates) etc etc highways etc...they change drawings daily....x,y,z all the time etc...LOL

welcome back and enjoy the time off mate.

Look to see some work soon then eh mate?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 19-10-2010 , 06:37 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the offer but im not looking for work at the moment user added image Got at least 2 years of uni left and during the breaks i need to do quite a bit of moving around.

# 5 19-10-2010 , 07:35 AM
Lifetime Member
aaaaaaawwwwwwwwcmon mate!!! LOL it only gives you a rash, nervous breakdown, depression and a sense of wonderment at the same time...cos you wonder why you do it LOL.

Ahhh good luck with the break man......dont party too hard though! or you WILL end up a Surveyor...and loving it.

cheers bulletuser added image

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 6 20-10-2010 , 04:08 AM
Oh geez, welcome back!
Of course, who am I to be welcoming you back? I have been away from this place a lot too.
Still working in Maya, just kind of fell-out when all the old-folks here did; not many of the old crew still come here. It makes me sad.
Rest assured; a few of them are still here!
I need to post more here; helping people and such.

But enough about me,

Welcome back, yo!

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 7 20-10-2010 , 05:49 AM
Acid44
Welcome back man, been a while :p

I'm somewhat an oldie, and I'm still here!.. Occasionally anyways... Me and SM have a strictly sexual relationship. No commitment. ;D

# 8 20-10-2010 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber
haha yeah ive occasionally been taking her out back and giving her a feel, but i haven't been giving her flowers and making nice din din
Whilst i dont have Maya at the moment i managed to scab someones Wacom Tablet so maybe ill start a drawing wip

# 9 20-10-2010 , 04:21 PM
Super Moderator
"Taking her out back and giving her a feel"

LOL why did that scenario make me laugh that hard? Anywayz welcome back! user added image

- Genny
# 10 20-10-2010 , 04:40 PM
Acid44
Bahaha

Didn't know GecT was still around, how's it goin'?

# 11 20-10-2010 , 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
Hey I'm always lurking around here somewhere. And it's going alright, trying to get back into the swing of things. I see you came back recently.user added image

- Genny
# 12 20-10-2010 , 05:17 PM
Acid44
Cool cool, yeh, I came back very recently, hadn't touched Maya in like 2 years, then all of a sudden somehow got motivated to get back into it :p

# 13 20-10-2010 , 09:39 PM
Subscriber
welcome home someguy!

and acid.. has it really been that long...?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 14 20-10-2010 , 10:41 PM
Acid44
Yup, went about 2 years without touching it then about 2 months ago I wanted to make a car for Test Drive Unlimited and got back into it, and somehow when I got back into it I seemed to be much better at it :p

# 15 24-10-2010 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber
Feels like a reunion!

Long time no see SomeGuy and Joops.