Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 61 14-07-2005 , 09:13 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Man, I can't believe it...:mg: user added image :eek3: :eeek2: :mg: user added image :eek3: :eeek2:

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 62 14-07-2005 , 09:14 PM
NP, this looks nice, tip:work on mood more user added image, nice head modeling in that WIP topic! Keep it up m8

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 63 15-07-2005 , 12:04 AM

# 64 15-07-2005 , 01:04 AM
Technical Director
MY GOD MAN! It looks like something from Doom 3 or Resident Evil. Nice work. My only crit is that it looks to smooth. Make chunks out of the bones and stuff.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 65 15-07-2005 , 03:55 PM
hey nice work!°! but id say either the head should hang down or it shall be connected to the wall also as the arms with an extra (Pflock [Thats German sry] )...also you should use a bit of fog somehow....

# 66 15-07-2005 , 07:00 PM
Looking good, Very interesting Idea, so far you are pulling it off nicely.

# 67 15-07-2005 , 07:00 PM
Subscriber
Wow that is one scary lookin thing.

You may have allready covered this, (i first looked at this thread today and didn't have time to read all the posts on it so bear with me) but where is the light coming from. it appears like a spot light from straight on. I think it could look very dreary if you use that lamp as a key light with an oarange/yellow color. and then have some blue coming in from a window on the other side to fill in the rest making the image darker all around but still being quite visible and have a high contrast to really get your attention.

Just a thought. awesome model

"So the Doctor Sais I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there."
~Ralph Wiggum
# 68 15-07-2005 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
Vedic I have to hand it to you.....you know how to draw a friggin crowd! lol Your posts always seem to build up! Good sign that youre doing the right thing....or at least on the way there. Keep pluggin my friend.

# 69 15-07-2005 , 08:29 PM
Subscriber
I would suggest putting a nail through the head into the wall. That way you can keep the head in its correct position, and would allow you to have a point from which blood could spill into the rest of the body. Make both eyes wide open as if at the last moment, when hell took him over, he realized the mistake he had made. That would be an interesting expression.

# 70 15-07-2005 , 11:41 PM
Wow! thanks for all your replys guysuser added image

Peltra, I'll see what I can do with the ribs.

Dragonhawk, I will rig the character later and will do more with the haed and arms. I do plan on adding fog to the lighting later.

frezka, Thanks manuser added image

brentlydavis, The spot light is a flashlight from his bother finding him in the middel of the night. But yes thoses are good ideas, and I was going to use the lamp but after a few lifgr testing renders it just wasn't working out right, I may try again later, right now i'm just adding more to the scene. When i'm done with all the modeling a am haapy with the scene, then I will really focus on the lightinguser added image

Skeksi, Thanks man, i'm just trying to keep my posts interesting enough for my audience/viewersuser added image

Minstrel, some good ideas, i'll try that when I rig him againuser added image

Here an update. What do you guys think of this bathroom being added? or is the former better?

EDIT, The bathtub is where the guy's lower half of his body is, so therefore a trail of blood from the bathtub to the bed will be added later, good idea?

https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...added2copy.jpg

Last edited by vedic kings; 15-07-2005 at 11:44 PM.
# 71 15-07-2005 , 11:50 PM
Here a try at thr lamp lighting before the above render.

Attached Thumbnails
# 72 15-07-2005 , 11:55 PM
whoa exxcelleent idea and dont forget adding footsteps to the bloodtrail texture!!also the already mentioned idea that the standing light on the right bottom should be the light source isv ery good...i think you should at least try it...make it orange as told or so....

# 73 15-07-2005 , 11:57 PM
i would keep the bathroom and try to light the death body from the bottom then it gets this evil effect u have when its night and you narrate a history and you have a lamp on you chin shining up...!!! try to redo it...maybe the lamp is a bit broken so that the light shines directly to the head!!!

# 74 16-07-2005 , 12:01 AM
Thanks Dragonhawk! some very good ideas!user added image

I'll try some out.

# 75 16-07-2005 , 12:44 AM
Subscriber
WOW. The anti-christ is upon. REPENT REPENT. Sorry, just freaking out. Nice though. You may have already mentioned this, but.

1. For him to be able to crucify himself, he would have had to have the stakes with the sharp ends pointing out of the wall, so he could just slam his wrists into them while being up in the air.

2. Also, when Jesus was crucified, the stakes (according to the bible) were closer to the hands. The bible says "hands", but anatomy back then was really blah and bland. So pictures we now have and closer detail have somehow stated that he was punctured at the 'wrist'.

3. Why the need for the complete amputation of his lower half? To be technical, Jesus wasnt cut at all (besides stakes) until after he was dead. And then, the guards chose to cut him in his torso with a long spear (to ensure he was dead). And then water AND blood seeped out from his wound.

4. Crown of thorns?

5. The blood splat seems alot like it was pressured, almost like a bullet wound or shotgun shell.

Once again, you may (and probably have) already answered the questions, but I am short on time (need to work on my project). But amazing work, it freaks the crap out of me. But at the same time has a powerful meaning. :mg:

EDIT: The reason I said "the guards chose to cut him with a long spear" was because it was customary to break the person's kneecaps. But Jesus had prophesied that the guards would do something different with him.

PS: Sorry if my bible logic is 100% correct (or my spelling for that matter)

Last edited by alienscience; 16-07-2005 at 12:47 AM.