Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 05-06-2006 , 12:30 AM

the boolean Difference... whats it for?

what is the use (any possible use) of the Polygonal tool
(boolean) "difference".
I have racked my brain for any possible use of this tool, any object that this tool would make quite quickly and/or efficiently... can anyone think of something? :headbang:

# 2 05-06-2006 , 01:21 AM
The Maya Mountain
I find it the most useful of the booleans... I use it for poking holes in things or carving out shapes all the time.

# 3 06-06-2006 , 06:49 PM
Yah. besides, say, poking a hole through a cylinder to make it a wheel that goes on an axle, I often end up doing the equivalent of negative casting. That is, occasionally its easier to make the opposite of something (say, an outline of the outside, or some instances of interior shapes) and use a difference to get the positive shape I need.

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com