Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-04-2008 , 08:20 AM
Subscriber

Greener Apple Campaign

Hello folks,

it's been a little while since I posted anything up here, the final leg of my university course has taken over my life for the past few weeks!!!

In order to stop my drought of posts I thought I'd put up this ad/campaign video I've just finished for one of my modules.

Greener Apple (approx 15Meg)

I made it as part of a group project the idea of which was to improve public awareness of the Greener Apple campaign.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.... any crit or feedback is always welcome.

Take it easy,

Mat user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-04-2008 , 08:37 AM
Looks good Mat, nice going.

Dont want to get stuck into the debate of it all!!

I wouldent want to know how much power my laptop saps probably the same as a desktop!

good to see you back in the fold!

Hope unis going well for you.

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 25-04-2008 , 09:52 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Steve,

yeah university's been fun but hectic, just got a 1500 word report to do and them I'm finished and officially unemployed. I graduate in July but should get my grade before then which has been predicted a first but I rekon I'll be settling with a 2:1.

How's life at your end?

Hope all is good,

Mat user added image

# 4 25-04-2008 , 10:12 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
really nice work
just out of intrest, what course is that?

# 5 25-04-2008 , 11:15 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Elephantinc,

the course I've been doing is the BA(hons) in Computer Animation at the University of Bradford.

Mat.

# 6 25-04-2008 , 11:28 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
oh ok
i live not to far away from bradford (york/lanc border)

# 7 25-04-2008 , 10:19 PM
Subscriber
niiccee

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 8 25-04-2008 , 11:50 PM
Subscriber
hmm, that is a pretty good video.
Scary to think of all the things we use to power our wonderful technologies though huh.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 9 26-04-2008 , 12:58 AM
Acid44
that kids voice creeps me out... but other than that its a good little videouser added image

# 10 26-04-2008 , 02:01 AM
Hi Mat

Cant complain mate, having fun, busy busy busy!!

I'll drop you a mail

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 11 26-04-2008 , 02:19 AM
Subscriber
Thanks folks,

Acid44:

The kid is my older daughter, I'll let her know she has a creepy voice!!

Seroiusly though, it's meant to be a bit spooky, I rekon the music box helps the effect too.

It's our generation which has made these problems which are going to affect her generation and beyond, what if children were aware of the issues threatening the environment and were able to orate their opinion eloquantly?

I used a child voice to enforce the point, if it was a mature voice reading the words, it would appear to be just another public service announcement and people would probably just drift off but, in my opinion, the "creepy" kids voice draws your attention and makes you listen to the words.

Steve, looking forward to the mail.

Cheers,

Mat user added image

# 12 26-04-2008 , 02:42 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by happymat27
Thanks folks,

Acid44:

The kid is my older daughter, I'll let her know she has a creepy voice!!

sorry man i didnt know it was your daughter:hug:...

but it wasnt just that.. .like, the accent and everything... idk british accents are just creepy to me when it in the right scenario, it was like... everything put together made it creepy but the voice just topped it off:p

# 13 26-04-2008 , 04:06 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
You find british accents creppy?
I thought people were supposed to think we sound posh (unless you come from Birmingham :p )

the one thing i could think that may have been wrong with it is that there is no voice in the end bit after the logo changes to apple because people dont watch ads that closly if it is only text they may not take it in.

but other than that a great ad

# 14 26-04-2008 , 11:57 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
# 15 06-05-2008 , 05:19 AM
Subscriber
Thenks for the encouragnig words,

Acid: no worries user added image

elephantinc: I decided against any sound in the second half ,apart from the birdsong that is, as I found test audiences preferred it. It supposedly makes for a calmer, cleaner experience... go figure!!

I was inspired to use the birdsong from a radio test card I heard about 15 years ago....... I think it was classic fm, they broadcast birdsong to test the station signal for a week or so before it went live.

I was up on top of some moors in North England with some friends and we had a radio, thinking it was turned off we sat down to have some sandwiches and started talking about how nice it was that we could hear the birds while we ate. It took a little while to realise that there were no birds on the moor and we were listening to the radio.... Hmmmmm.

mastone: I wasn't an Apple fan before the project and I'm still not! The whole thing was made on my PC :attn:

Cheers again,

Mat.