Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 28-02-2004 , 03:20 PM
Subscriber

CPE Install on XP

Hi, I have been trying to install CPS on Maya but as I am using XP I cannot.
The cpsSetup script tries to create a file in your script location, but cannot due to the fact the xp has readonly on it's folders. (I think) I have tried changing XP's folder settings with attrib but to no avail.
Any other way round this? Another way to install cps?

Thanks.

# 2 28-02-2004 , 04:43 PM
u have to have admin privaliges to change atributes on the machine, in case u are loged in as regular user, the other thing is to check your user profile. Their should not be a problem with adding to your own folder.

# 3 28-02-2004 , 10:05 PM
Subscriber
I am an admin, I can create folders, but it's an XP problem. I have viewed windows doc's on it. I changed a registry setting and I can see the new icons on the Modeling shelf.
Many thanks for your help.
user added image

# 4 04-03-2004 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
Im having a similar problem. I was able to download CPS, but after I placed the script and icon files into the script and icon folders of Maya, when opend the program, nothing had changed. Someone help! user added image

# 5 18-03-2004 , 09:35 AM
read the instructions user added image