Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-01-2007 , 10:53 AM
Subscriber

Mech Modelling

Hey, I'm giving the mech tutorial a try.
I have the base of the foot completed:
user added image
Can anyone tell me how I can stop the green camera showing up in my view ports? Also, any critique, tips, advice are welcome user added image
Cheers guys!

Last edited by ZeroAlarm; 17-01-2007 at 11:05 AM.
# 2 17-01-2007 , 11:12 AM
Subscriber
Select the cam Display------>Hide--------> Hide selection

Cannibalism is just a friendly form of population control.
# 3 17-01-2007 , 11:12 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by graphiac
Select the cam Display------>Hide--------> Hide selection

Thanks! Could I be a pain and ask how to get it back up? I don't know how I actually did it, lol.

# 4 17-01-2007 , 11:58 AM
Subscriber
Hide selection = ctrl + H
Show last hidden = shift + H

I think anyway! But to be honest theres an easier way to hide stuff by type, as I'm guessing you wont want to see your cameras again for a bit. In your panels (ie. side / front / persp etc) look in the 'Show' menu - that'll make hiding and showing stuff nice and quick. Hide selection is probably better used for hiding stuff like geometry that's getting in the way or you dont need for a while.

Hope that helps mate.

# 5 19-01-2007 , 06:25 PM
Subscriber
Cheers Petrol!

Unfortunately I had a bit of a disaster when I converted the thing to SubDs... I didn't realise my vertices weren't snapping together when I merged them.... now I have to start over because there's too much to go back over :'(
Why me??!

# 6 19-01-2007 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
Sorry to hear that out of habit when ever u convert save first...

Cannibalism is just a friendly form of population control.
# 7 20-01-2007 , 06:56 PM
Subscriber
To add to that, try to save in increments at sensible times. Don't just save over and over in the same file! Even naming them something really simple like Mech_01, Mech_02 etc can be a lifesaver.