Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 02-01-2007 , 05:55 AM

Maya Hair

Hey all,

I'm just startng to learn Maya's hair and I'm a bit confused. I'm using it to make a few pieces of string dynamic. When I hit play, the strings all relax until they settle into their resting position. I expected this. However, when I select the curves and set this relaxed state as the new start state, then the string relaxes even more. Is there a way to set the start state and the relaxed state to be the same so it doesn't always droop as soon as I hit play?

Thanks.

# 2 02-01-2007 , 07:08 PM
Do you not link the initial state to the rest position?

I cant quite remember off the top of my head but I think that theres a tutorial in the maya help files in "getting started with maya unlimited" where you create a head of hair for a character that goes into rest curves and intital state etc.

Hope it helps

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 07-08-2007 , 11:28 PM
i also had this problem where the "strings" keep relaxing, to fix u go to the hairSystem and in its attribute editor go to the dynamics tab and then under that go to the forces tab and change the gravity to 0, now wen u hit play they wont fall