Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 10-07-2009 , 02:06 PM

Maya....Windows 7 built 7620

My graphics card build-in(intel 945GCNL mother board).After installing windows 7 built 7620 i found out that my graphics card driver is not installing.
Then i downloaded a new official driver for windows 7 from intel website.

Now, while i run maya, everything goes fine, till that time i render sth and try to close the render window.
The problem is maya gets irresponsive at that time.After some time everything come back to normal except the viewport window.I can move my camera(because the mouse pointer and camera location changes).I can create objects.But still i see the render window floating above everything and nth changes in the viewport.It is like watching a video while the audio is playing as it was supposed to but video is still in the frame one.
Some times this problem occurs while im loading a new file.

I am facing same kind of problem while using blender.The only difference is after pressing the X button in the render window the box disappears keeping a black shape where it was....and blender halts!

# 2 11-07-2009 , 03:43 AM
Technical Director
This could be due to many factors.

The first one is that 3d applications do not play nicely with integrated (onboard) graphic adapters like the Intel you have. These graphic adapters, are not actually video cards. These are mostly to be used for general usage, like browsing the web, writing documents, etc; as they do not have the necessary support for OpenGL and DirectX, which 3d applications require.

The second thing is that you're using a beta operating system, and there are bound to be many problems with it. It could just be that the drivers for the adapter, or OpenGL/DirectX are broken in this release.

My suggestion would be to roll back to your old operating system, and use that instead. There's no point in having an operating system that will drive you crazy because it doesn't do what you need it to do.

Another thing is you should look into buying a video card. This will make Maya MUCH more stable, and reliable.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 12-07-2009 , 07:52 AM
thanks.

Yeah i m thinking of going back to XP.
But i found a temporary solution.I can change the compatibility mode of the executable to XP Service Pack 3 and, it runs better.It is still running very slow but workable.