Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-01-2003 , 08:43 PM

Help

Hi, I just downloaded the 3ds Import plugin from Alias Wavefront site but I don't know how to instal it.

Can anybody tell me plz.

# 2 23-01-2003 , 09:24 PM
SM Alumni
You want to put the 3dsimport.mll in your plugin folder. You'll find a bin folder inside your main program folder and a plugin folder inside of that bin folder. All your plugins are in there...a lot of the Mayan architecture is based on plugins....so place that file there. Next open Maya and go to Window/ Settings/Preferences/ Plugin Manager...now find the 3dsimport plugin and load it. If you want it loaded automatically each time you open Maya check auto load as well user added image Now when you want to import a .3ds that format will show up in the File Browser as a choice user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 3 24-01-2003 , 02:03 AM
Thanx.