Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 14-12-2010 , 12:06 AM
Subscriber
ah yeah, i suppose 'expecting' was the wrong word. maybe more 'wanting', although obviously not on a conscious level

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 17 14-12-2010 , 06:41 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
hmmmmmmmm not a big fan of the "3d" especially on gaming consoles cause of deteriorating graphics( the gpu has to render almost twice the resolution)

the trailer does look cool but i have been fooled many times before only to end up staring at the speakers in the theatre ( ahem the last airbender) so as bullet said ill wait till reviews come out

# 18 14-12-2010 , 09:16 PM
Lifetime Member
Lol Dango I have seena quite a few book adaptations too mate...and some were less than good I can say.

Chirone, by reviews I mean my mates (people here too) usually my friend, I take note of the official stuff but its usually workmates and you guys which make ot break for me. You are right some movies are behind the 8 ball before they even get to screens.

And yes murambi I agree with you 100%, they make the trailers all flash and sweet but when you get to the movie...like Dango said about storyline, the CG etc is fantastic but boy was the story crap.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes