Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-02-2004 , 06:35 AM

Monster Head Training

Is there missing pieces to this training?

The zip file numbers do not correspoind to the trinaing sections for this training?

zip files 1-5 are sections 1-5 but zip files 6 and 7 are session eight and nine???

What happened to sessions 6 and 7? Why the misleading file labels?

SUGGESTION: I kinda feel like I am playing russian roulette when I download the training files because there is no descritption of what each part contains. I would suggest you add a details section to each of the download files giving a short summary of what is contained in each one.

At the very least there should be some continuity between the session numbers and the file numbers. At the end of session 5 he talks about building the tongue then I download file 6 and all of a shudden I am watching session 8 and the tongue is completely built and much of the mouth interior has been uv mapped and I missed it all?

# 2 18-02-2004 , 06:49 AM
I'll asked Kev and Dave to look into this a bit more... Thanks for the post...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 18-02-2004 , 07:51 AM
SM Tea Boy
First off heres the 2 parts your missing

https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=34

It's continued in the texturing section, but your right, the description is inadequate. I'll spend some time updating the descriptions, and cross linking tutorials that are continued elsewhere.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 18-02-2004 , 07:55 PM
Well David, that kinda sucks!

I have 2 points left and had I known the remaining 4pts worth of parts for the monster head tutorial were in a different area I would have reserved the pts I needed.

I can't afford to get the remaining 2pts I need to have the complete tutorial! I mean I bought 35, then bought another 14!

For what I will have to pay to buy an additional 2 points I could have bought more then 70 points!

But because your tutorials don't describe what is in the parts and they are distributed in different areas I cannot calculate the number of points I need to get things until after I start downloading them!

So now I feel liked I am screwed out of getting the complete tutorial or being squeezed for more cash that I would not have to had to spend had your tutorials had some kind of description about what parts where needed to get the entire series.

:angry:

Last edited by ctbram; 18-02-2004 at 09:02 PM.
# 5 19-02-2004 , 08:56 AM
Kevin
2 Points have been added to your account.

Kevin user added image

# 6 19-02-2004 , 01:03 PM
SM Tea Boy
user added image Hope that helps

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 19-02-2004 , 05:58 PM
Thank you kindly.