Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-08-2006 , 08:08 PM

Problem rendering with mental ray..

Hi,
I'm pretty new in maya and I am trying to batch render a png sequence using mental ray. It does render, but I am unable to open it in other programs such as Photoshop and After Effects.

I get the following warning when I'm rendering the current frame:
Warning: (Mayatomr. Export) Maya image format not supported, using iff instead.

Does anybody have a clue what the problem might be, and how to fix it?

Thanks

Irene

# 2 18-08-2006 , 01:30 AM
What were you trying to export it as? .jpg?

# 3 18-08-2006 , 02:49 AM
I'm not sure what the actual problem is, but there's a workaround in this case. Maya ships with plugins for a number of programs that will enable them to read the .iff format. Photoshop is one of them. I don't know exactly where it is in the structure, but you should be able to find it if you run a quick search through the maya help files. I don't know if AfterEffects is on the list, but since you should be able to convert them to something else through photoshop, it doesn't really matter....

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com