Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 07-10-2007 , 03:29 PM
Subscriber

dvd burner

Anyone know what possibly could be going on with my dvd player?
I put in a dvd movie and it works fine. I go to burn a movie whether it's with nero or any other burning software I have and it locks up and freezes my computer. Every time, I have a lot of stuff I need to back up on my computer and not having a dvd burner that works is really not helping me at all.
Is this dvd burner junk or can it be saved?

edit: Found my answer pretty much immediately after posting this, somehow under the record option in the properties it was unchecked so I checked it and now I'm going to see if I can burn stuff.

Delete post if you want.

Last edited by Rhetoric Camel; 07-10-2007 at 03:31 PM.
# 2 07-10-2007 , 04:09 PM
Subscriber
nevermind that didn't end up working, just locked up at got as far as 1% like usual. user added image

# 3 07-10-2007 , 04:19 PM
Lifetime Member
Is the writer in UDMA 4 mode? check this in the device manager under the IDE controller section.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 07-10-2007 , 04:33 PM
Subscriber
I don't see what you're talking about anywhere

# 5 07-10-2007 , 05:26 PM
Lifetime Member
Go to control panel and click on administrative tools then computer management, choose the device manager and then looks for ide controllers right click on the one that has the dvd burner attached ie. primary and then choose properties and check the transfer mode.

# 6 07-10-2007 , 05:36 PM
Subscriber
it says for both of them

Device Type: Auto Detection (this section is grayed out)
Transfer Mode: DMA if available
Current Transfer Mode: Ultra DMA Mode 2 (can't select this either

# 7 07-10-2007 , 05:38 PM
Lifetime Member
ok but it is on DMA mode so thats good although mode 2 is a little slow in transfer speed , what burner is it btw ?

you might try getting a firmware update from the manufacturer or burning at a slower speed.

Last edited by jsprogg; 07-10-2007 at 05:42 PM.