Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-03-2008 , 06:00 AM

Image sequence not loading ?

Hi 2 all

I have made a caustic sequence pattern for my animation using the free caustics generator that is found on the web.

I have converted it to a tiff file format aswell. But when I add the file sequence to a texture, say a simple lambert then I get this message when I turn on the USE IMAGE SEQUENCE button:

// Warning: Texture file C:/Users/Andrew/Desktop/caustics tiff/Water_Caustics_001Water_Caustics_001Water_Caustics _001.tif doesn't exist, node file4

Whats going on with this ??

Why won't it load my sequence ? It is fine when the use image sequence box is'nt ticked, so what can I do To fix this.

if anybody can help then that would be great.

thanks

Andy Gee

# 2 12-03-2008 , 02:48 AM
I am also having same problem in hypershade as well as in image plane. What's the problem. I am using version 8.0. Did this problem exist in earlier versions. Please someone help!

# 3 12-03-2008 , 03:11 AM
hmm, try chnaging the extensions of the file names to

myimage.001.jpg

and then give that a go, i've found that it can be pickey with image names etc etc.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 12-03-2008 , 03:46 AM
Hey guys thanks for the replies

Have found a quick fix for this, I opened the sequence in maya using the view sequence in fcheck, then saved the sequence again using maya's native ext.

That seemed to have solved it

thanks

Andy Gee

# 5 12-03-2008 , 07:38 AM

# 6 18-12-2008 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
wow the fcheck fix was a life saver. thanks a bunch guys