Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 46 02-02-2003 , 11:44 AM
Subscriber
hahah i started a feading frenzy that gonna be one fat trex when all the feedings over user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 47 02-02-2003 , 05:25 PM
KEV!!!

NICE WORK MAN!!!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 48 02-02-2003 , 05:33 PM
Kevin
right...hardest bit (for me done) the back foot! wow what a wierd experiance that was!! In the end I had a reference for a kinda side on t-rex foot and the skeletal structure of a chicken lol (which is basically the same!!)

I had to eye ball amost the whole lower leg!

any ways... heres what I got:

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

I know the claws need to be bigger but ill do that next.

getting there now.. front feet and then the teeth user added image

crits and comments very welcome at this stage as Im getting near where I want to bring the modeling to an end and start the texturing

# 49 02-02-2003 , 05:52 PM
Pretty sweet buddy=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 50 03-02-2003 , 06:40 AM
Subscriber
heheh, yea.. he looks like he couldnt hurt a fly with those claws. go longer, longer!! That t-rex needs big long sharp claws user added image

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 51 03-02-2003 , 12:11 PM
Kevin
okey! hands on I guess user added image

Now for some tweeking before the teeth.... need to do some work on the back feet (the skin flap bits)

crits - how ever harsh are very welcome

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 52 03-02-2003 , 12:13 PM
Subscriber
i thought a trex had 3 fingers in the jurassic park movies user added image but otherwise i reckon its a big blue pile of

good work user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 53 03-02-2003 , 12:15 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by mumbojumbo_13
i thought a trex had 3 fingers in the jurassic park movies user added image but otherwise i reckon its a big blue pile of

good work user added image

hehe thats just what I am speaking to phil about now lol, not really sure if they have...

# 54 03-02-2003 , 12:20 PM
Kevin
another one lol - no thumb

lol

# 55 03-02-2003 , 12:25 PM
Kevin
yeeehhaaa!!!!

------------------------------------------

quote:

Tyrannosaurus was the largest of the "lizard-hipped" carnivorous dinosaurs known as theropods. It was a massive two legged with a powerful tail, large head and tiny arms.

Its primary weapon was its mouth, with a 1.2 metre long jaw and a 1 metre gape. Curved serrated teeth, longer than a human hand, could be used to puncture an animal's organs, before Tyrannosaurus tore the flesh off. Tyrannosaurus could not chew, so had to swallow its food whole. It could probably gulp up to 70 kilograms in one go. One fossil shows the danger of this - a large carnivore had died swallowing, with two long bones stuck in its gullet.

Its tiny two-fingered arms seemed very small, but were believed to have been at least three times as strong as human arms. They were too short to reach its mouth, but were probably used as meat-hooks. There is clear evidence that tyrannosaurs fought one another from tooth-marks left in fossil remains.

The first reasonably complete Tyrannosaurus skeleton was discovered by palaeontologist Barnum Brown in Hell Creek, Montana, in the USA in 1902. Until this find only fragments had been unearthed. In all, over 20 individuals have been found, although, only three have complete skulls. Remains have been discovered from Alberta and Saskatchewan in Canada,to New Mexico, Montana, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming in the USA. Remains have also been found in Mongolia.

user added image

---------------------------------

thank heavens for that!!! didnt fancy putting on a thumb user added image

# 56 03-02-2003 , 12:42 PM
Subscriber
So remains were found in Mongolia and on the American continent, I didn't know that user added image

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 57 03-02-2003 , 12:45 PM
Kevin
yep...right on your doorstep undseth user added image

# 58 03-02-2003 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
oh nonono hehe I live in scandinavia user added image

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 59 03-02-2003 , 01:05 PM
Kevin
LOL!!! sorry bout that mate hehe

# 60 05-02-2003 , 11:06 PM
Kevin
putting the gums in now user added image

Im starting to enjoy this one