Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-05-2011 , 10:28 PM

My Favorite Toy Challenge - Joopson

Really- how I missed that last challenge is beyond me- I didn't even realize it existed until today! And it was right up my ally. Oh well- I can join this one. And I have free time, too.

Now, as far as my favorite toy goes, it was a chess set. Do people think that to be too simple?
If not that, than it would be something similar to a flute- perhaps a slide-whistle, or something of the sort- a recorder.
Or, maybe a record player. Yes, I quite like that idea. If I can find some decent reference of the record player I had a few years back, that would be awesome.... If not, then the chess-set seems like quite a viable option. Of course, the textures and render would be what really makes is exceptional- and that is what I need practice with.
So, I'll keep in touch.

[EDIT] So, the record player I had was an old Victrola. Of course, it originally was my grandfathers, but I got it as my own when I was 13 or so. Like this but not quite in such immaculate condition.... Seems like a viable option. I'll decide soon.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com

Last edited by Joopson; 06-05-2011 at 10:39 PM.
# 2 07-05-2011 , 02:33 AM
Lifetime Member
wow thats nice mate....I remember my Grandad having one similar too....ahhh memories...good luck mate

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 14-05-2011 , 12:10 AM
Very cool choice, -a beautiful antique (with a great connection to you).
Good luck, all my best!

# 4 30-05-2011 , 03:05 AM
The Victrola record player seems like a great idea for this challenge, can't wait to see it. Good luck!