Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-05-2012 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber

My Mountain Troll

Here is my Mountain Troll animated, I posted the un-rigged model up a few weeks ago, This was created this using Maya, Mudbox and compt it in AE.

Feedback appreciated
Thanks
the intro is a bit long might take it off later. user added image

Final_Troll_Project_HD on Vimeo

# 2 11-05-2012 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber
The intro is definitely a bit too long - I'd shorten it, but it's looks pretty cool - do you happen to have a tutorial for it? The rotation looks great (like the SFX - you might add some simple instrumental track in the background, or not). End the clip at 50sec mark.

# 3 11-05-2012 , 06:43 PM
Subscriber
do you have any facial rigging i think it'd be cool for it to roar instead of just walking.

# 4 11-05-2012 , 07:23 PM
Lifetime Member
Oh I agree with Mamoruk a roar would be really nice on it might give it the extra little push it needs to land you a job

- Jake
# 5 11-05-2012 , 08:44 PM
Subscriber
This is my first realistic character I have created, the Face is just has a simple rig, as the project was more focused on sculpting and using displacement maps etc, with some simple animations, now I am more confident with rigging I will try some facial rigging as well as blend shapes. I have just recently purchased the surfing with the Alien from here, so going to have ago at that now.

# 6 11-05-2012 , 08:45 PM
Subscriber
good luck to you sir, it came out really well user added image