Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 17-02-2011 , 06:53 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the positive support guys.

Here's another update I'm almost done with the overall design and can go in for the really fine detailing work. Just have to do a rear spoiler, some last bit of detail to the back quarter and rough out the rear anti-gravity emitters.

septopus: I'm trying to do the detail in layers so I'll definitely add more! user added image

Unfortunately I have a good news and bad news announcement. The good news is I'm finally getting to go to the repair school I've been requesting to go to for about a year now! The bad news is they're probably going to send me sometime next week. So I will definitely not be finishing everything I want to do with this guy if I get to finish at all. I'm not bowing out just yet I'm going to see how far I get. But I'm going to have to make concessions to see if I can finish on time. So no detailing of the interior, the landing skids and the air brakes are iffy.

Attached Thumbnails

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 17 17-02-2011 , 08:28 AM
Lifetime Member
That is coming along nicely mate...I hope you get more done before the new gig man...that would be a shame if you cant!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 18 20-02-2011 , 12:51 AM
Subscriber
I know what you mean bullet. I really want to finish this competition! I'll be gone for a while with no internet but I'll have my laptop so the Maya training will continue!user added image

# 19 20-02-2011 , 01:00 AM
Subscriber
One more update before I go back through the model to start the fine detailing.

Attached Thumbnails

# 20 20-02-2011 , 01:01 AM
# 21 24-02-2011 , 08:18 AM
Subscriber
Just a quick update before I go to bed.

Quick question though. I'm running 2011 on my home PC but run 2009 on my laptop. Can I access 2011 files with 2009? I know you couldn't before but I'm hoping I can. While I think I'll get to a decent entry by the deadline theres more I want to do to this and if I can take my work with me then I can finish some of it while I'm away. After this is all said and done I'm going to go ahead and texture it and maybe even build a scene around it.

Either way I'm glad this challenge came around I can see where one of my big weaknesses is at in graphics. Pre-modeling prep time and concept building on paper.

Attached Thumbnails

# 22 24-02-2011 , 08:45 AM
Subscriber
When you go to open the file click the box - there is an option to "ignore version" - I think has been there since 2008 - but double check as I no longer have 2009 < on my system - so far I have never had it fail on me between 2010 and 2011.

Anyway - looking good

# 23 25-02-2011 , 04:44 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the head's up tweety! It would be nice to take this guy along with me.

# 24 26-02-2011 , 05:33 PM
19 year Veteran
This is another one of the entries I think also has a good chance of winning. My only suggestion is the entire body needs some fine paneling detail to fill in the bare spots. It's such a big craft, and it would help illustrate how it could have been manufactured.

Anyway, great entry CGwolfgang!