Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-09-2006 , 11:00 AM

Mirror Problem

When I'm trying to mirror a Subdiv Surface, I am getting some weird results. I want to mirror in x-direction, but when I choose that, the mirrored geometry is just rotated 90 degrees facing upwards. The other options (z and y) also gives strange results. Any ideas?

# 2 06-09-2006 , 11:33 AM
maybe the pivot point isnt at the orgin? how to fix this u could
grid snap the pivot to the orgin or u could group the subd surface and duplicate -1 x and then ungroup hope it helps =)

# 3 06-09-2006 , 01:23 PM
Thank you for the reply. Moving the pivot was the first thing I tried. I also deleted history, froze transformation, and anything else I could think of that could possibly fix it. Didn't help.

I ended up using duplicating, so I could continue modelling, but I really want to find out what's wrong, so that I know what to do when it happens again.