Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-07-2007 , 04:06 AM

Hello All, Please Read

Hey guys, im 15 years old in NJ. And i want to be an animator and a VFX guy for as long as I can remember. Im fascianated by what I can do behind a computer. I recently found out that Maya was the best program to use. And I just wanted to know if you guys could help me out, and get the feel of this stuff, Im really looking to this as a career in the future. Thanks Guys user added image

-Cody

# 2 08-07-2007 , 06:14 AM
thats what we are here for.. im 15 too!

good luck!

ask anything you need to know ^_^

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 08-07-2007 , 05:14 PM
Do you already have Maya? If so, there are some tutorials and some really good information in the Help Files that are excellent for getting you started. And, as Joopson said, you can always ask questions and such on this site. There's a WIP section that you can post your works in progress and people will leave you all kinds of critiques and comments.

I'm not nearly as experienced as most but I believe that if you work hard at it and stay focused on your goal, you can achieve your dreams. Especially if you stay focused on what you're good at.

All the best wishes to you!

P.S. If you don't have money and are low on cash, you can download a free copy of Maya called "Maya PLE" from

https://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=7639525

Edit: There's no time limit on the free version. You can use it indefinitely.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 08-07-2007 , 05:26 PM
Hi from me ... im 18 now i started maya when i was 17 and half ... so i wish you to be MAYA pro. Work hard ... we will help ya as long as we can user added image user added image

# 5 20-07-2007 , 09:10 PM
Just tell your problem, we are happy to help, aren't we guys ? user added image

I also started to learn Maya when I was 15, I read in a Magazine that Maya is the best 3D animation program, and I'm always for the best stuff user added image
so I started learning Maya.

By the way, I'm 17 and I gained some experience already in maya, I mostly learned by myself.

All the best, with kind regards, Ovi

Maya ~ Illusion.
------------------------------------------------
The Power of the mind can only be unleashed by Maya and the artist.
# 6 21-07-2007 , 02:58 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by ovi_ovinet
Just tell your problem, we are happy to help, aren't we guys ?

happy to help? HA I laugh at your words of kindness:bandit:

ON A MORE serious note: welcome happy to help as stated^^ enjoy your stayuser added image

# 7 22-07-2007 , 04:58 PM

cool man

lol thanks guys