Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 07-01-2011 , 08:02 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Is this one of Kurts tutes???

I would delete the 3rd set along toward the back then space out the geometry on the head again just to let it breath. Then you wont affect the hand. You could delete the edge you have hilited down to the middle of the forearm then correct it by adding a bit of geo and spinning some faces until you have quads again. But I think for now stick with my first suggestion, then at least you can redirect any geo down the back of the model and join it up somewhere in the middle. But bear in mind you are making clothes for this so you could actually cut the arm off and hide the rest with the clothing if you wanted

cheers
Jay

# 17 09-01-2011 , 03:22 PM
Subscriber
Thanks so much for your advice

I'm currently learning how to rig! It was such a big headache.. But I'm happy with the results I got! I tried to model an armor and I believe the way I'm going to export it into my game is that the clothing/armor will just be drawn over the body instead of cutting the faces of the body below the clothing.

I also had trouble doing that because I still don't know how to resize the armor so that it would be basically a skin over the body.. if you know what I mean? I tried resizing it and moving it into place but as you can see in the third picture it didn't turn out right and the body is sticking out of the armor. Advice would help greatly and be very appreciated! Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails