Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-11-2004 , 08:30 PM

How to make a Log

I making a log cabin but i got serious problems making the log good looking. any tips? I realy need this. And while i am at this. what is the best way to make a night sky with stars that shines like in real world?

# 2 21-11-2004 , 03:21 AM
The Maya Mountain
If you're looking for realism, you'd probably want to photo-source your textures and not make the logs perfectly straight. Give them some irregularity. Also, at the ends, you'd want to have the naked wood show, with the rings on the caps. Put some nicks and cut patterns, a knot in the wood now and then, maybe some had branches that were cut off, etc etc. Realism comes with the details.

As for the sky, again, photo sources couldn't hurt. You'd also want the stars to have a high diffuse so they show up. Maybe some incandesence(sp). That kind of thing. Map it onto a big half-sphere around your scene and you should be set.

# 3 21-11-2004 , 01:12 PM
Thank you. i am trying to make it a... realistic cartoon cabin.
The kind you would see in a Pixar movie.