Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 181 13-08-2007 , 02:00 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I'm having trouble with my rig as you probably can see if you're willing to watch it on you tube that is, i've parented the handles to a masternode, i checked the rig and everything was fine so i've grouped the masternode and the topjoints in a riggroup checked again and then this happened

What have i done wrong, i've followed the steps from a book (learning maya 7 the modeling and animation handbook, so i would'nt get a crappy rig, but it seems i found a way despite the book:headbang:

I've also attached a picture of the rig (i was just getting to colorcoding,so the differentcolors you're seeing are not from layers).

Attached Thumbnails
# 182 13-08-2007 , 03:57 PM
hmmm... don't have much experience with rigging, but if the problem is with the way the head and neck joints are moving, i think it's because you have a double transformation working on them which means that they are being moved twice - i think it's because you have them grouped and so they are being moved as individual units and as part of a group - hence the fact that they are moving twice the distance as everything else. As i said am a bit sketchy on this sort of stuff and don't fully understand it, but I think that's what's happening.

# 183 13-08-2007 , 09:47 PM
looks like what arran said.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 184 13-08-2007 , 11:19 PM
No guys it was much more stupid than that, I didn't snap the pivots off the neck and spline manipulators to their joints.
But thanks for the inputuser added image

# 185 16-08-2007 , 05:57 AM

# 186 16-08-2007 , 06:13 AM
Dont know if its just me but I cant really see much movement, I can see some movement but not much, although its probably about right.

# 187 16-08-2007 , 09:15 AM
I agree. I can't see much of the ear moving. Maybe make it more pronounced?

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 188 16-08-2007 , 05:48 PM
I see it, looks good. To be honest I think I it might even be too much already. I mean he's not an elephant.

# 189 17-08-2007 , 12:55 AM
@gster123;You'll see it better when you look at his rightear(left for us) and i really wanted to make a subtle jiggle not to much.
@louis56; I don't want to bring to much emphasis on the ears i just wanted to add a bit of extra to make it more alive and i'm affraid that when i will make a walkcycle with him or make him jump all the attention will go to the ears if the ears move to heavily, i value the input though
@DJbLAZER; I think i'm walking on a fine line with the ears and i've actually tried a toned down jiggle but then i only saw it because i knew there was a jiggle, but i will look at it during the animation proces

# 190 25-08-2007 , 12:28 AM
Here's a link; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBHSltjdJLk
to the first walkcycle that didn't blew up or arms that kept rotating etc etc.
It Stil needs a lot of work but for the moment i'm happy with it.
The ears are handanimated so it isn't the jiggle....

CenC are most welcome

# 191 25-08-2007 , 01:16 PM
Love the music, sure made me laugh. The animation is looking good so far although something looks odd about the leg movement. I can't remember exactly how Yoda walks but think he needs to have more of a hobble going on.

Keep up the great work.

# 192 05-09-2007 , 05:57 AM
COOL RANCOR!! I think the body structure could be played with a little more (the legs seem a little too long), but I like it a lot, mate! Yoda's face does seem like he had been working in the coal mine for a little while, though. KUTGW!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 193 18-09-2007 , 07:59 AM
"Yoda's face does seem like he had been working in the coal mine for a little while, though." He wasn't born as a jedi LOL
And thanks for the compliments.

I made a playblast of a lipsync test and am quite happy with it.
I actually rendered it but for some reason the rendered movie was a lot quicker than the playblast(i use combustion).
So if someone knows what i'm missing or has enough experience with this to give me a couple of good tips....
Now here's the link to the playblast so let me know what you guys think.
user added image

# 194 18-09-2007 , 01:24 PM
Subscriber
Wow.....that is pretty awesome. As a HUGE Star Wars fan, I'm quite impressed. I hope to someday have your 3D skills!

And yes, all the subtleties are noticeable making it all that more realistic. :bow:

# 195 18-09-2007 , 07:01 PM
You could have the freme rate different when you rendered it in combustion from maya.

Did you make the blend shapes after you rigged the character?